For all those working to prep for Christmas, even though Thanksgiving is around the corner, I found this on the USPS website and HAD to share:
Letters from Santa
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And the Postal Service can help you prove it when Santa replies to your child’s letter to Santa — complete with the North Pole Postmark!
Here’s the 10 easy steps:
- Have your child write a letter to Santa and have them seal it in an envelope they address to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Tell the child that you’ll place a stamp on it and mail it to St. Nick for them.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope, read the letter and write Santa’s response on the back of the child’s letter. Have Santa mention it’s important to be green and that’s why he is writing on the back.
- When responding, be sure to reference your child’s notable accomplishments not included in their letter, i.e., Santa is so proud that you volunteered to help ____, or Santa is really impressed with the great job you’re doing in school — especially with math, etc. Sign it Santa Claus with a P.S. to get to bed early Christmas Eve.
- Place the letter into a new envelope addressed to the child at his or her home address. Be sure to include: Santa Claus, North Pole, as the return address on the envelope. And don’t forget to apply a First-Class Mail® stamp.
- Place the stamped envelope into a larger envelope (or Priority Mail® envelope) with adequate postage addressed to:NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
- Letters from Santa must be received by the Anchorage, AK, Postmaster no later than Dec. 15, 2014.
- The Anchorage Postmaster will open the envelope, remove Santa’s letter addressed to your child, apply the North Pole postmark and mail it back home.
- When Santa’s letter arrives, have your camera ready when you ask your child to open the letter and read it out loud.
- Tweet the photos using the #SantaLetters and post them on Facebook. Keep the letters in a scrapbook as a great family keepsake along with the photos.
I hope you enjoy! Remember, Darlings, it must be postmarked no later than December 15th, 2014 for it be received on time for your little ones! Happy Holidays!